Saturday, June 16, 2007

Two hours...

Ironically, I think that was how long ago I was supposed to be asleep by now. I tried the bed thing. I had a fight with the sheets. I had a fight with a pillow. I had a fight with a small, domesticated feline that wanted to sit on my chest.
I even tried increasing the white noise in the room. I have to sleep with a noisy fan, to drown out any potential noises around me. It's a mental thing. Noises make my brain work, then it doesn't want to go to sleep. Sleep?
Ah, sleep...
... but a vague memory of yesterday.

Quitting smoking seems to have had some uncomfortable effects on my physiology. The most apparent to me, at this moment, a mere four hours from the alarm bell... sleeplessness. Work shall be spectacularly exhausting tomorrow, but I might catch up on some blogs I've been meaning to read now.

1 comment:

Patti Mayo said...

Good grief! You quit smoking! Yippeee! How is it going? I really am a crummy best friend. I was too wrapped up in my own life to remember that you quit smoking! Which, my children and I have been after you to do, for, well, forever! First I move halfway around the globe and now I forgot you quit smoking. At this rate, you will replace me. :(

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
- Douglas Adams -
English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)